Plymouth Albion Ladies are looking for a Head Coach to run the well-established squad. PALRFC have a strong history within the ladies game and currently play in Championship South West 2. This is an exciting development opportunity in an ambitious and hard working environment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To be solely responsible for the senior Ladies squad.
- Plan the coaching programme for the season
- Plan, prepare and deliver individual coaching sessions
- Ensure that all sessions are enjoyable, designed to develop and test the skills and understanding of the players in your squad.
- Evaluate all coaching sessions with committee and players.
- Attend all coaching sessions, matches (Home and Away) and committee meetings.
- Mentor and Provide feedback to all players where required or appropriate.
- The Head Coach must have at least an RFU Level 1 Coaching Qualification or preferably a level 2 Coaching Qualification but must be committed to furthering his/her coaching skills and be willing to commit to a programme of professional development supported by the club.
Skills and Qualities
- Commitment and Enthusiasm – This position will require a large time commitment involving evenings (Tuesdays) and weekends (Sundays) for training and matches.
- Punctuality – The Head Coach sets the standards for the whole squad at both training and on match days.
- Planning – The Head Coach is directly responsible for planning the coaching programme in liaison with the Team and Club Captain.
- Leadership – The Head Coach sets an example and standards for the coaching team and squad. As such he/she will need to be able to inspire players to ensure that all involved maximize their potential. He/She may need to make difficult decisions about selection of players, feedback players and training turnouts.
- Team Work – The Head Coach needs to be able to work effectively with the players, fellow coaches and the RFU Women’s RDO.
- Rugby Knowledge – It is expected that the Head coach will have the required level of knowledge to enable the players to achieve their maximum potential and develop as a whole player.
If you are interested in this Head Coach Role or would like to get involved in any of the following ways please email Caitlin Short on 07702 255550
- Voluntary Match Day Analysis- Filming of the game and Basic match analysis statistics.
- Voluntary match day assistant
- Voluntary Team Management- Match Day organisation and Liaison
- Match Day Physiotherapy/Strapping Support- Pre/Post Match and on Pitch Support.