25 hrs per week
Plymouth Albion RFC is a Championship Rugby Club hosting 14 home matches each season. Along with the rugby our events side of the business is very successful and ever growing hosting up to 52 weddings a year, regular meetings, conferences, parties and other special events completely external to rugby. We are looking for fun, friendly, professional and experienced person to join the Events Team as an Events Co-Ordinator. If you have an eye for detail, love organising, and work well under pressure and in a team environment then this exciting opportunity could be the job for you.
- Reporting directly to Events & Catering Manager
- Setting up and managing functions in line with guest requirements
- coordinating staffing requirements and Rota’s for each function
- Ensuring staff briefings and instructions are read and understood
- coordinating suppliers, handling client queries and troubleshooting on the day of the event to ensure that all runs smoothly;
- Ensuring company insurance, legal, health and safety obligations are adhered to.
- Cash handling
- Assisting with stock takes
- Securing the site after an event.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with all departments and colleagues
- To conduct show-rounds for existing bookings and for new clients in a timely and professional manner whilst maximizing any opportunities for incremental revenue.
- A cheerful personality with a can do attitude
- Strong leadership skills
- Enjoys working as part of a team
- Pervious bar experience
- Either have or have the ability to obtain a Personal licence
- Management experience in a hospitality background preferred but not essential
- Must be able commit to all match days listed on the Plymouth Albion website
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Completely flexible approach to hours and shift patterns to include evenings and weekends on a regular basis
- Own transport
- A salary of £10,500 per annum paid monthly
- 25 hours per week
- Discounted staff meals
- 4 weeks holiday per year
- Time off in leu for extra hours worked outside of normal contracted hours
- The ability to increase the role to full time as the business grows.
- One family and friends ticket to each home match.
Please email a CV and cover letter to Lisa@plymouthalbion.com